Session 2: Count on His love
1. Icebreaker: Musical statues
2. Hook: Tallest, longest, fastest
- Have a simple multiple-choice quiz where kids get to guess which is the tallest mountain, longest river and fastest animal etc. Fun and educational.
- In life, we are always trying compare things. How tall we are. How much money we have. How many As we get. The one thing that is bigger and greater than everything is else is Jesus’ love for us.
3. Lesson: We can depend on Jesus because we can count on His love
- This camp’s theme is “Counting on Jesus”. We can count on Jesus because we know how much He loves us. When we know how much He loves us, we know He will never let us go. He will never fail us or forsake us.
- Ephesians 3:17-18 And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
- If we had to measure Christ’s love for us, we’ll have to look at its:
- Width: God’s love extends to every people, every nation, every tribe
- Length: From eternity to eternity; without beginning or end
- Height: From God’s throne above, where Jesus is seated on the right hand
- Depth: Jesus emptied himself, took on the form of a servant, humbled Himself and became obedient to death on the cross
- The CROSS is the picture of the width, length, height and depth of Christ’s love for us.
- Romans 8:31-39
- Conclusion: You can count on Jesus’ love for us
4. Song: Wide, wide as the ocean