Tell the Christmas story via a simple interactive party game.
Sunday, December 18, 2011
- Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given
- Why do we celebrate Christmas? To remember God coming down to earth as a little baby.
- When man chose not to rely on God but to go their own way, they were separated from God by sin. Nothing they did could bring them back to God. We were lost. Hopeless. Helpless.
- But God had a solution — Thousands of years ago, God promised that He will send a very special Saviour to save us. He would send Himself.
- This Saviour was special. He would be:
- A Child
- A Son
Sunday, December 11, 2011
- Tell the story of Zacchaeus meeting Jesus (based on Luke 19:1-10)
- Last week, we heard how Jesus met and healed someone on the road to Jericho. Who can remember who it was? Bartimaeus the blind beggar.
- Today, we will learn about how Jesus met another person in Jericho. He wasn’t blind. He wasn’t poor. In fact, he was very rich. But he wasn’t well liked and he was short. His name was Zacchaeus, and he was a chief tax collector.
Sunday, December 4, 2011
- The blind beggar, Bartimaeus, could not see. But he could hear the crowd passing by. And he could shout. So he shouted, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me.”
- How did the crowd react? They scolded him. They asked him to be quiet. In their eyes, blind people should be seen and not heard — maybe they thought he was unworthy to disturb Jesus.