Lesson: Nothing is too difficult for God (Gen 11-21)
1. Game: Laughing Game
Play a simple laughing game; modify as you see fit.
- Mrs Mumble
- Everyone sits in a circle. First person turns to the one on the right and asks “Have you seen Mrs Mumble?” without showing his/her teeth or laughing.
- The next person has to say, “No. I’ll ask my neighbor.” And then ask the following person the same question without showing teeth or laughing.
- Ha Ha game (for younger kids only)
- Get the kids to lie on their backs, with their heads resting on another player’s stomach. Tell the kids that the aim of the game is not to laugh at all. The first kid has to say somberly “Ha”, then the next one says “Ha ha”, the third one says “Ha ha ha” and so on. The person who does not laugh at all wins.
- The last time we learnt that God gave many promises to Abram.
- One of the promises was that Abram will have many children, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the shores.
- But as many years passed (24 years since God first called Abram), Abram and his wife, Sarai, still did not have any children.