Eph 1:3-6 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
- Last month, we learnt that we are SAINTS of GOD. Because of Jesus, God looks at us as if we were holy and righteous.
- Today, we look at what God has done so that we can be called Sons & Daughters of God
- Paul tells the people in Ephesus that God loves them very, very much.
- God loved and chose us even before the world was even created.
- Can you imagine someone loving you before you were even born?
- But we didn’t love God. In fact, we were His enemies — we liked to do things our own way.
- God still loved us so much, so He adopted us as His sons and daughters.
- How did God do that? Because of JESUS.
- Jesus died for us, and His blood bought our freedom. His blood washed away our sins.
- Because of Jesus’ life in us, we have been made sons and daughters of God.
- Because of Jesus, God blesses us and showers His kindness and wisdom on us.
- Because of Jesus, we have an inheritance as God’s children.
- And as a guarantee of this inheritance, God gave us His Holy Spirit to live in us forever and ever.
- So believing in Jesus is not a set of rules — “You must do this. You must not do that.”
- It’s all about a relationship with your Daddy in heaven who loves you so much. When you know Him as your Daddy, you will begin to love Him more and more, and learn to love Him and do the things that make Him happy.
- Tell your friend, “Because of Jesus, I am a child of God.”
- Memory Verse: Eph 1:5 Because of His love, God had already decided that through Jesus Christ, He would make us His children. (Good News Version)
2. Activity Suggestions
- Memory Verse search game
- Write memory verse on cards and hide them around the room (one word per card). Get kids to search for the cards and unjumble words to form the memory verse
- Sharing: What does it mean for God to be my Daddy?
- Craft (optional):
- Bookmark: Thank you Jesus for making me a Child of God