- We’ve been looking at some of the books of the Bible that Solomon wrote:
- Song of Solomon
see what you can remember from it:
<use pix to associate each book>
- Song of Solomon
- Who were the 2 main characters?
The Shulamite girl and the shepherd/King Solomon
- How did the Shulamite see herself?
Dark skinned, unwanted by her own family
- How did Solomon see the Shulamite girl?
Fair, beautiful, flawless in every way >> God sees us the same way
- How did the Shulamite girl see Solomon?
Attractive and full of love >> Picture of Jesus
- Key lesson: In Song of Solomon, we are reminded that God sees us as beautiful; We see Jesus as beautiful!
- What’s a proverb?
Wise sayings about life
- Who wrote Proverbs?
Solomon: the wisest man in the world
- What is the main theme from the book of
Wisdom: to learn to become wise, make right choices, live life of peace/prosperity, avoid bad mistakes etc
- Who is our Wisdom?
Jesus is our Wisdom
- Who teaches us to live wisely?
The Holy Spirit
- Key lesson: In Proverbs, we are reminded to Choose Wisdom, Choose Jesus!
- Revise Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
- What does Ecclesiastes mean?
- What’s the main word found in Ecclesiastes?
“Meaningless” — at the end of his life, Solomon found the pursuit of pleasure, wisdom, work and wealth all meaningless
- Solomon’s life didn’t end well because he started to worship other gods, introduced by his many wives. How many wives/concubines did he have? 1,000!! (700 wives — wives of royal birth — and 300 concubines)
- Solomon said there
was “nothing new under the sun”. Who then should we look to for meaning in
The SON: Jesus — who came to make all things, including us, NEW!
- Revise John 6:29: Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
- Key lesson: In Ecclesiastes, we are reminded that for true meaning in life, Don’t look under the sun. Look to the SON!
Flash the 3 photos one by one (in random order). Each time, kids should say out the key lesson of that book. Repeat until most kids get it.
- Song of Solomon: God sees us as beautiful; we see Jesus as beautiful!
- Proverbs: Choose Wisdom, Choose Jesus!
- Ecclesiastes: Don’t look under the sun. Look to the SON!