Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Walk-through Solomon's Temple


Lesson: A Walk-through Solomon's Temple (1 Kings 7, 2 Chron 4)

  • Set up room according to the following layout
  • Prepare kids outside the room:
    • Today, we’re going to take a special tour of the temple of God that King Solomon built.
    • Let’s walk slowly and very quietly so we can see all the different things inside.
    • Note: Depending on crowd control, you may choose to have all the kids sit down in the “outer court area” while you talk about different parts of the temple, or have them follow you



  • Conclusion: 
    • Today, because of Jesus’ death and life, we are brought near to God.
    • We are washed so clean and made righteous so that God’s Holy Spirit can live in us forever.
    • Thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for me. Thank you for taking away all my sins and washing me clean with your blood. Thank you for your broken body that makes me whole. That you that because of you, I can come to God freely and boldly in your name. I accept you into my heart and my life; live your life in me and through me. In Jesus’ name, Amen!



View of set-up room






1 comment:

  1. Do you have the files for this still? I'm looking for something just like this for our VBS this year.

    ReplyDelete