1. Lesson: Daddy God Gives Good Gifts
Label on the bag/box
Inside (either put object or a picture of it)
- Tell the kids that it’s “Snack time”. Three kids get to choose which “snack” they want.
- As each kid choose, give them the unopened bag/box and have them stand in front.
- Then have each kid open the bag/box one by one and show the class what’s inside.
- Ask them how they feel when they ask for something good and get something bad.
- If you are hungry and ask your daddy for some bread, will he give you a stone?
- If at dinner time, you ask your mummy for some fish, will she give you a snake?
- If in the morning, you want to eat some scrambled eggs, will your daddy give you a scorpion instead?
- Definitely not!
- Our mummies and daddies only give us good things. Not things that will harm us.
- Do you know that as much as our mummies and daddies love us, that there’s Someone else who loves us even more? Yes, God loves us soooo much more than our mummies and daddies!
- If our mummies and daddies can give us good things, God gives us the very best! He gave us His beloved Son — Jesus.
- Because Jesus died for us and rose again, today, God can send His Holy Spirit to live with us forever and ever.
- And when God gave us Jesus, He has already given us everything good, so we can just ask Him for all that we need. (Rom 8:32)
- Memory Verse:
- (Blue/Yellow) Matthew 7:11 “If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”
- Let’s Pray: Dear Daddy in heaven, thank you for loving me so much. Thank you for giving Jesus to die for my sins. Thank you for giving your Holy Spirit to live in me forever. Thank you for blessing me with good gifts always. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
2. Activity Ideas: